Thursday, April 12, 2007

Jesus Saves - Even at McDonalds!


Last night we went back up to that Mountain of Worship Conference, which was, as usual, totally awesome! So about 10 pm I'm 'bout to starve to death and am thinking, man we only have about $30 in my checking account, not sure if we'll need gas tomorrow or not, I better wait til we get home to eat, which was after 1 am. So I'm sitting there listening to this awesome speaker who is a missionary to Africa (Suprise Sithole) and part of Iris Ministries, the orphanage that our Children's Church has been focusing on, and my stomach is justa growlin. Can God make your stomach growl like that if He wants you to go to McDonalds? Yes, I think He might can. I had eaten a nice plate of speghetti before we left, and honestly, should not have been hungry. So I'm just growlin' here and thinking, "Man, I wish I could go to McDonalds." And God said, 'Yep, go to McDs." So I was like, well, we don't have very much money in the checking account. He said, "Eat something cheap. I want you at McDonalds."

Hmmmm, feels a little like a set up to me. So I start praying into it and and believing God is getting ready to bring us into a Divine Appointment. So finally about a quarter to 11 we get in the car to leave and I told Frank we HAD to go to McDs, but we needed to eat cheap, and that we had a Divine Appointment. So he's like, Cool.

We get there, go inside, and I'm looking around. There is only the crew and one other man there. Since it's really not always a good idea to mess with people while they are on the clock, I figured it was this dude that was there. So when he got his food, I went up to him and talked to him a bit. Nope. It wasn't him. Then one of the little crew girls comes out and she starts wiping the tables, and the manager goes over and locks the doors cause they are closing the dining room. He leaves one door unlocked for us to get out. So I'm looking at this girl thinking, she must be it. Just before I'm about to muster up the courage to go speak to her (cause I really have to dig deep for courage most of the time, being an introvert....am too!) a group of hoodlems come walking in. The manager says they are closed, they look at him, totally ignore him, and walk over to the area where the tables were. One particular guy was super scarey looking. He had a mannerism about him that just spoke of ill intent. So this manager doesn't even do anything! So they go over and sit and the one scarey one starts to harrass this young crew girl wiping tables. Another girl that was with them slipped off to the bathroom.

So I'm watching them and this guy is laying the flirting heavy on her, she is completely not interested, but I can tell that she probably knows him. So he's all up in her face saying, "Come on...." And she says, "You know I told you I don't have time for boys, now leave me alone." So she walks away to another table and this dude goes over to the door. So I go up to her and say, "Are you OK?" She says, "Yeah." So I say, "Is that guy botherin' you, cause I can totally take him." She laughs, says "No, he's a guy I know, he's just being a pest." So I said, "Are you positive, cause I know I don't look it, but I'm really strong, I could totally take the dude." So we talk a few minutes and then I realize she's not the one we are here for.
Bummer

The only ones left are the scarey looking dudes and the chic that's with 'em.

OK. So Frank finishes getting our food, which I think they were peeling potatos or something cause it took forever, and while he's getting the drink, these people are walking out the door leaving. And you know sometimes things happen that just happen and your body will move in a direction that it's not you, but probably an angel or something makin' you move, and the next thing I know I'm following these people out the door, go up to the scariest guy and without hesitation out comes, "Hey Dude. I told that girl inside that if you mess with her, I could totally take you." Then I smile at him and poke him in the belly. He gives me this look like he's going to chop me into 10 peices and mail me to all my friends. Then he suddenly busts out laughing.


Ok, first of all, how the heck did that come out of MY mouth? And Yay God for not letting this dude eat me.


So I boldly say, "We are ministers, is there anything I can pray for you about?" (Now the funny thing is, I never say to people we are ministers, EVER, so that was like weird, again)


So the girl says, "YES! PRAY FOR MY CAR!" Now, I have prayed for people, prayed for animals even, but never has anyone asked me to pray FOR their car. So I start to ask her what for and this other dude chimes in and says, "Can you pray for me about school?" So I'm thinking he's probably failing and needs prayer about that but he ends up telling me he's in college and just needs to stick with it. We talk for a few minutes and I pray for him. I'm still blown away that THAT dude was going to college. So we talk a little more and the girl interrupts. She wants HER prayer time.


Now here's something interesting. We are spiritual beings, we just are, so it's perfectly natural for people, even unbelievers, to desire something from the spiritual realm, even if they don't understand it. That's why unbelievers will often turn to New Age stuff, because that's spiritual, it's a false source, but the world is HUNGRY for things of the Spirit, and they get it through other sources. And that's how the god of this world, Satan, operates. But we can take him too.


So I ask this girl if she's a believer. She says, "Yes." Now we can never assume that means anyone is saved. So I just rolled with it a minute. I asked her what she needed prayer for specifically. She kept saying her car, so I asked her if it was finances to buy a car, she said, "No, I just need help. I just need help." So I'm like, "Help with what, sweetie?" And she doesn't know. So Frank starts prophesying over her and I'm holding her hand the whole time. She is not trying to release my grip or anything, and she still has her cool friends standing around watching. So he starts saying, "I sense that you are in a stage in your life where you are very confused about some things and God wants to bring order to your life...." and she is totally hanging on every word. Then he says he would like to pray for the spirit of confusion to be released from her, and on and on. So while he starts praying for her, I'm still holding her hand and her hand gets ice cold. So I hold it with both of my hands, just rubbing her hand to warm her up. I'm watching her face and she just starts to glow. She has her eyes closed the whole time, not even looking around to see if her friends are making fun of her (the scary dude is behind us and he is kinda makin' fun of us....) and when Frank is done praying she says, "I feel funny, ya'll." And she kinda staggers a bit.



HA. Well, I know that funny. So Frank says, "That's the Holy Spirit." She said, "It is?" So I asked her when it was she got saved. She said she never did do that. So I asked her a few questions, talked a little to make sure she understood and then led her to Christ! Whoo - hooo! So she prayed and invited Him into her heart, and she was radiant! It was so cool. It was like a Light was shining on her. She was just glowing, and she was still saying, "I just feel so.....so.....funny, ya'll. It's really weird." HAHA. SO cool... THAT was God!


So I'm giving her a hug and she's so sweet and full of God's love and it's like WOW, and I turn around and Frank is all over scarey dude. I see him just pouring it out on this guy and he asked him if he could pray for him. So I put one hand on his back, my other hand on his chest, where I can feel his heart beating really, really hard, and fast, and Frank does his thing and all of a sudden, scarey dude is not so scarey anymore. He's getting delivered of this and that, and his body gets all lose and free, and he's relaxed, actually swaying a little bit, and his entire coutenance changes and he has a little bit of tears workin' up in his eyes, gives Frank a BIG OLE hug, real tight and real sincere, (yes Frank's wallet was still in his pocket when we got home) and Frank starts speaking life into him telling him that God intends for him to be a leader, and He will raise him up to be a fisher of men, and thousands will come to Christ because of this dude's leadership and etc, and this guy is just beaming. You know why? Cause Somebody believes he will be something good! Something worth more than what he was ever told in his life! Then the first guy we prayed for was in his car, he got out before we left and gave us both hugs, and I asked him if he knew Jesus and he said he did when he was a little boy. So we just spoke life into him and loved on him and it was awesome!

So we get in the car, get ready to leave, and I'm like trying to act all cool about it, and when their car finally clears the parking lot, I start shouting and praising God and getting all excited and whoo-hooin' and stuff! I could barely drive the car home!

It was so cool.... God is a good, good God!!

No comments: