Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Take Him With You!


Well I had a great weekend! I had the absolute pleasure of flying to New Jersey for one of my very best friend's 40th birthday party and it was a special treat indeed. We had so much fun wearing tiaras and being self proclaimed beauty queens. I was dubbed "Miss Understood." We also had Miss Leading, Miss Behaved, Miss Chievious, Miss Cellaneous, Miss Nomer, and Miss Guided. It was the most fun I think I have ever had outside of Chuck E Cheese. LOL!


What I did not want to be was Missed Opportunity, so I prayed for doors to open, especially on the flight, and for ministry to happen. And it did! You know why? Because I wanted it, and my Daddy gave it to me. He always gives us the Kingdom things we are hungry for. And while I may never know the full outcome of my efforts to be the light in the darkness, I believe by faith that God's Kingdom was released, most especially on the flight from Atlanta to Phili. God's Word tells us when we draw near to Him, He will draw all men near to us. And He does, ya know, He means what He says. We are the temple of the Holy Ghost, and where ever we go, we take Him with us, and it's our job to release His love into the multitudes. I like that job~it's FUN!


One encounter on the flight that was especially memorable to me was the man who was sitting across the isle from me. God had already high-lighted him and I knew he was "the one," my Divine Appointment. So as I waited on God to make it happen, I read a book on the flight. I was reading "Light Belongs in the Darkness," by Patricia King. I could tell this man wanted to speak to me, as this often happens, most especially when I've been in God's Presence, and the fragrant anointing oil of Him is still oozing about me, attracting people like a magnet. It's good stuff! I kept glancing over out of the corner of my eye and waiting for a God-portunity to happen, and sensing that this man was eager to get some of the stuff that was living inside of me. I can't explain how it happens, it just does, and it's a God thing. He really does draw all men near. Too cool.


Finally, he initiated a conversation and he began to share with me deep personal stuff about his life, and I knew that he was drawn to the Spirit of God and was not finding comfort in my words or my presence, but in His Presence. Wow. God is so awesome! He shared things about his marriage of nearly 30 years that was coming to an end, his emotional attachment to his wife, his hurts and his fears. I mean the dude was sharing some deep stuff here to a perfect stranger.....and let's face it, you can't get stranger than me. Then I was able to pray for him, I reached my arm across the isle and laid it on his shoulder, right there in front of the other passengers (do I care what other people think??) and prayed for him and his marriage and for God to release His love into this man. And He did. I could feel it releasin'! I could tell that he was deeply touched by God through that experience, and I know without a doubt that he will never be the same. God is moving. He is always moving. I just want to follow that Cloud, that Pillar of Light. It was a special time of ministry for that man and I was honored to be a part of it.


It doesn't matter where you go, you are carrying the Light. Don't keep it inside of you! Share it! Spread the Light. Take Him with you.....then release His power into the world! The Kingdom is truly at hand!






No comments: