Saturday, September 15, 2007

You need gas, but it's really a Divine Appointment!

OK, so we went to the same mini-conference on Saturday night that we did on Friday night......the one where John Crowder was preaching. Oh my stars...can you just say AWESOME! Samantha came Saturday night and she had a very special and life changing encounter with God. It was totally cool! God is so real and alive and involved with us, it's just amazing!

Anyway, we leave the conference at around 10:30, and Frank is driving separately and Franklin and I are in the party bus....which as usual...needs gas...so we pull into a gas station to put some fuel in the tank. And I already have enough spiritual fuel in my tank that I can't hardly stand up! hahah So here I am getting the nozzle into the tank and this guy pulls up on the other side, diagonal from us. I say a nice friendly "hello" and he "hello's" me back. Then I say, "How ya doin'?" Now if you are reading this and you aren't from the south, particularly, Georgia, you may not understand that this is just what we do here...we exchange hellos and then say "how ya doin'" or "how are you". And the typical answer is "Fine, thank you, how are you" in which you respond "Fine" and then you move along.

But this fella, instead of giving me the requisite "Fine, thank you, how are you," he says, "Well, I'm really tired. I have had such a long day" which is all I needed for an open door into conversation. So I'm done puttin' some gas in the tank and he's still standing there and we are kind of far apart making small talk about his job and how his shift at work has changed so he's not used to working these late nights, and how tired he is, and how he has to drive all the way to Waynesboro. I mention that's too bad that he probably won't make it to church Sunday with such a rough schedule.

So we chit chat about church a bit and as he is putting the cap back on his tank, I start to walk over there and ask him if he would like me to pray for him about anything. He says that he would sure appreciate prayers for strength and continued good health, then asks me what church I go to. And since I particularly LOVE to talk about my church, I told him all about it, then I could see excitement build up in him and then he sheepishly admitted that he would like me to pray that he gets back on track with God, that he is not where he should be with his relationship with Him, and he knows he needs to be doing better.

So I grab his hand and start to pray for him, and God leads me to put my hand on his heart...I still don't know why God does that some times, but who am I to argue? So as I'm praying, God just starts down-loading stuff into me and I start to speak it out about his life....TOO COOL, and then I mention something about him walking in his destiny and I have my eyes open and I'm watching this man start to sway back a little from the Power of God, and when I finish praying for him he gives me a big hug. When I pull away from him, *I* nearly fall to ground! That weighty heavy Presence of God was just so WOW and I couldn't even hardly stand in the midst of Him. So I said, "Whoah!" And the guy indicates that he felt it too, and I said, "You have a powerful anointing from God on you....God has something really amazing in store for you!" And his jaw just drops because apparently I just spoke into him what other people have told him prophetically before and he is just so amazed that he had a God encounter right there in a gas station and that God had not forgotten about him, even though he was not actively pursuing God. It was amazing.

I had prayed for God to give him a supernatural hunger for things of God and a dissatisfaction for the crumbs left on the table, that he would hunger after the fresh bread and that he would chase after it and be filled up with new oil...it was totally cool. This guy was on cloud nine, and I was too! YAY GOD! I love His Divine Appointments, don't you?!?!

No comments: