Monday, July 23, 2007

God Heals at Work!


One of our bigger desires is to see other people begin to walk in God's power. Our home Bible study group is one area where we get to discuss Power Evangelism and offer encouragement to one another to see God move in our lives and personal ministries. And let's face it, every believer has a personal ministry, in one form or another.

Samantha is one of my favorite people. I have had the honor of watching her bloom in God's garden, and have enjoyed her company and friendship. She adds a special fragrance to our lives! Here is a story she shared recently with me about a God Encounter she had at the busy restaurant where she is the manager:


I just wanted to share an experience I had at work. It was a Sunday afternoon and I hadn't too long got to work, I was walking the floor, checking things out, making sure all is well for Sunday at the Mountain (restaurant). I stopped at the table of one of our frequent customers, I asked if they were ok but I could tell Elaine wasn't feeling well. I sat down next to her and across from her husband. We were kind of busy and in my line of work sitting down on the job just doesn't happen often.

She began sharing with me that she didn't attend church that morning because her leg was hurting her too much. Elaine had a stroke a while back and although every day is a little better than the day before she is healing slowly, and she is in constant pain. She says the doctors cannot fix the pain, all they can do is give her pills to try to control it , which wasn't working very well. I told her that we needed to talk to the greatest doctor of all.

I asked her if she believed that God could heal her? She said yes that when people at church pray for her it feels a little better for a little while. I asked her if I could pray for her. She said yes and we sat there at the table on a busy Sunday afternoon. I laid my hand on her knee and we prayed and asked God to heal her leg and remove her pain.

When we finished praying she asked me if I felt the heat on her knee. I didn't feel anything but I knew God would heal her. Her husband thanked me with tears in his eyes and she hugged me. I had to go and do that management stuff and got so busy that I couldn't get back to the table to check on her.
A few days later I was sitting down and having dinner with my co-workers and Steve, my wonderful husband , and Elaine and her husband came in. I spotted Carol (her husband) fixing his plate and I asked how Elaine's leg was feeling...

He said I had to come by the table when I get a chance. So I finished my meal, walked my husband to his car, kissed him bye, and went back inside the store. I went by the table and asked her how her leg was? She hugged my neck and said it didn't hurt anymore,(praise God!!) She said she didn't realize it for a little while and then all of a sudden she noticed that her leg didn't hurt anymore. She thanked me and I told her to thank God that it was his Power that healed her. Isn't God Great!!

No comments: