Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday Sunday



WOW! It's just amazing what God does when you go for it. We had an awesome street service again today. The weather held out for us, even though we had scattered thunderstorms in the forecast. Since we know THE Forecaster, we had Divine Favor. Today was a good day. The message was great (he taught on Who You Are, and gave practical applications for how to combat the enemy when he comes along and reminds you of who you once were) and Frank and I were also told by a 54 year old "member" that she had adopted us as her mom and dad. :) Very sweet.

I was listening to a few messages by Todd Bentley a few weeks before we decided to "just do it" on the street church deal. He was talking about it costing you something when you follow hot after God's anointing for your ministry. I thought, in all honesty, that I was prepared for whatever the cost would be, and at this point I figured the worst part would be my time and money, and hugging people who don't smell nice. Actually, this HAS been a huge factor in the "cost".

But today I encountered a price-tag I was unprepared to pay. Our middle child, Caleb, was in a day camp all week at a church in Hephzibah, and today was the grand-finale and parent's program. This is a big deal and not something I wanted to miss, however, I was torn. Should I go down-town to minister and love on the addicts and ex-strippers who are trying so hard to follow Jesus --- and DESPERATELY need someone to gently prod them along in their journeys, or should I go to Caleb's show. Everything within me wanted to go see Caleb, but something else deep inside me was compelling me to go to the streets today.


And because God is a God Who honors obedience, I went down-town AND to Caleb's performance. He just worked it out for me! Isn't HE just so awesome! Initially, I was unsure if I was willing to pay the price, if I was willing to let this thing that God is putting together in front of our very eyes cost me THIS event, or any other event related to my boys. But when I decided to make that move toward obedience, God gave me both for the price of one! LOL! My dad was able to pick up the boys while we were down-town and get the kids to the church in Hephzibah on time, and we were able to finish up down-town and get to Hephzibah just a few minutes after the program started. And the way Caleb's face lit up when he saw us come in....a very heart warming moment indeed.

Yep, it will sometimes cost us something we don't want to give up to pursue after His calling, but when we offer our obedience to Him, He comes through for us. And I'm thankful that my dad was willing to make a sacrifice for us today, which ultimately became a sacrifice for A Church Without Walls.

Follow hard after the anointing over His calling on your life and see how He automatically pulls things together for you. Go after Him. Pursue Him. Then go after the things that are dear to Him......people. Be the Light in the darkness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was soooooo incouraging to me. You have no Idea as to how many times I choose my kids over what God has asked me too Do.
Ya'll ROCK!!! I cried while I was reading this.